Sunday 26 July 2015

Weekend Life....Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane, Australia

Mt. Coot-tha Botanic Gardens,Toowong, Brisbane, Australia, April 2015.

My mum and I paid a visit to Mt. Coot-tha Botanic Gardens in Toowong when I was back home in Brissie in April. It was one of my favourite places to visit as a child (we had frequent school excursions to the Planetarium) and I always loved the Tropical Dome (there used to be fish in the pond), the lagoon and water lilies. It has been many, many years since I last visited so I was really happy we made time to visit. We took a free guided walk (well recommended) and then drove up around the back of the gardens to the "new" (for me anyway!) lake edged with paperbark trees.  

A lovely way to spend a day or afternoon if you are visiting Brisbane. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens. Thanks for reminding me of our favourite place to spend time when we lived in Brisbane. Now we get to visit the Hobart Botanical Gardens but I do miss the Tropical Dome and those crazy lizards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you loved it there too Moira! Although Brisbane is very green with wonderful open spaces, going to the Gardens is so uplifting. Oooo I bet the ones in Hobart are incredible!!!!! Somewhere on my (loooooong) wish list. I haven't even made it to Kew Gardens over here yet!! Need to go before the end of summer I think.

      Delete